Whicher and Kifford Almshouses were founded in Westminster at the end of the 17th Century. They were moved from Westminster to the present location in Lambeth in 1855.
The Almshouses originally belonged to Westminster Abbey and ownership was transferred to Harrison Housing in 2013.
The properties have now been totally refurbished and provide 6 modern flats to those over the age of 60.
The scheme consists of two houses, one containing four flats and the other with two flats. Both houses share a beautiful garden and patio area which is available for all residents to use.
Management visits to the scheme are undertaken quarterly and individual appointments are offered to residents as there are no communal facilities within the block. This provides an opportunity for residents to be informed of scheme specific matters and to raise any issues they would like to discuss.